Committee: Professional Development/Special Events
What we do: We provide opportunities for learning and development for our members. We design and deliver professional development programs (in-person and virtual) that offer opportunities to earn CCEUs. These include regular monthly offerings as well as larger special events. We also encourage networking and professional community building and support planning for the chapter’s annual Summer Social and Holiday Party. Committee activities include contribution of program topics, research and vetting of speakers, as well as project management and execution of larger chapter events.
Why this is important: The committee contributes to growing and supporting our professional coaching community, building opportunities to enhance the depth and knowledge of our members, as well as providing a strong area network for coaches to help each other’s growth. Our events provide the community with large-scale programs that meet the needs of coaching professionals and educate the community on the value of coaching.
How can you help:
· Identify topics of interest to help plan programs.
· Identify suitable speakers for a determined set of programs.
· Coordinate logistics for specific programs (speaker materials, agenda, content flow, equipment, etc.) to appeal to varied member interests.
· Select a role of interest; participate in PD committee calls as appropriate. Estimated volunteer hours per month: 2-4
· Research and secure event spaces.
· Source food and beverages, where needed.
· Support registration table to check in guests.
· Miscellaneous tasks as needed for each event.
Contact: Erin Hyland: firstname.lastname@example.org